The Top Drive is designed to be installed and operated in drilling rigs or work over rigs.
The Top Drive main rating is as follows:
• Max static lifting force: 500 Short Tons (Static = no mud pressure and no rotation)
• Max dynamic load while drilling – 400 Short Tons (dynamic = mud pressure and rotation allowed)
• Max drilling torque: 38 000 Ft-Lbs
• Max intermittent torque(breakout): 66 000 Ft-Lbs
The Top Drive is furnished with:
- Operators panel
- Control and monitoring system with PLC
- ABB AC Motor, rated 1150 HP continuous
- Pipe handler with torque wrench
- IBOP valve
- Weight compensation system
- Dolly and Torque arrest system (guide beam)*
- Power and signal loop and junction boxes
- AC drive system (Siemens) in separate 20 ft container, requires 600 - 690 VAC, 50Hz, 1250 kW
Building height of top drive in load path, approx. 6.6 m
Top drive weight: 16 MT
AC drive container weight: 7.4 MT
All items can freighted in standard ISO containers.
* Note: The Top Drive may also be installed in an existing dolly or delivered with a dolly (incl. retractable) for existing guide rails system.