The outline specification for the proposed Diesel Power Unit is as follows:-
HPU Specification at 2000 rpm:-
• Maximum Flow Rate - 500 l/min
• Maximum Pressure - 300 Bar
Rig Safe Diesel Power Unit:-
A DnV 2.7-1 carbon steel , structural steel lifting and protective frame, with four lift pockets, inside which
will be mounted the following equipment, inline with PUWER.
• Diesel Engine package ( see spec below)
• Stainless Steel Diesel Fuel Reservoir for 15 hrs ( nominal) Running
• Drive Coupling and Bell Housing to suit Engine and Pump Unit
• Hydraulic Pump Unit – 280 cc/rev, Piston Pump with Variable Displacement.- Kawasaki K3VG -
• 1500 Litre – Stainless Steel Hydraulic Reservoir
• Relief Valve Assembly
• Return Filter Assembly
• Discharge Check Valve Assembly.
• Suction Valve
• Suction Strainer
• Visual Oil Level Gauge
• Float Switch in Hydraulic Reservoir
• 2” BSP Male Discharge Connection
• 3” BSP Male Return Connection
• 11/2 ” BSP Male Drain Connection
• 1” BSP Male Reservoir Fill Connection
• Discharge Pressure Gauge
• Air Start Connection Point ( crowsfoot)
External of Protective frame to be fitted with louver front and rear panels and heavy duty doors, c/w
sound deadening foam inserts on all available internal surfaces. Top of frame to be fitted with Hose Tray
to contain 120 ft of 1 “ Multi Spiral and 120 ft of 1 ¼” Return Hose ( Hose’s not included in Cost). The
frame to have forklift pockets and supplied with 4 point lifting sling set.
Complete unit paint to customers preferred colour ( Green)
Frame contains collection tray for local small spillages, with separate drain point, plugged.
Frame is fitted with Earthing bosses.
Approximate Dimensions of Frame – 4400 mm long x 2000mm wide x 2606mm Overall Height.
ENGINE PACKAGE SPECIFICATION.
One off New Volvo Penta TWD120VE, 6 cylinder, direct injected, turbocharged diesel powerpack
rated to produce 275 kW at 2000 RPM without fan losses, with full RIG SAFE certification for
250kW at 2000rpm.
Specification to Include:
• Base frame with fixed mounts
• Oil drain pump
• Air filter including rain cover
• Radiator, suction fan (puller fan)
• Fan guard
• Radiator guard
• Belt guard
• UV-guard for expansion tank
• 24 volt electrical system, including control panel.
• 60 Amp alternator,
• Display control unit, DCU
• Chalwyn valve
• Spark arrestor (loose supply)
• Air starter motor complete with relay valve and start button
• Hydraulic adaptor SAE ‘ D4 flange and SAE 13 tooth 8/16DP splined shaft
• Engine unit functional hot test